Monday, November 12, 2012

We had a deal

Back then it seemed so little,
So innocent, what you said to me.

You wanted to help me,
to save me from my mistakes.

But we both know
how that would have ended.

So we made a deal.
And we took off running and never looked back.

I thought about what you said,
every night as I fell asleep.

My future flashed before my eyes,
and I knew what you said was true.

I hope you are off chasing the dream,
Changing the world.

But all I can do is sit and think,
and waste my time.

I still got time,
according to our time-frame.

But that's just it-
This is life, it's not a game.

But if it were,
You and I would be the players.

We'd be racing against the clock
to get to the finish line.

And I have no idea where you are
or what you're doing.

And I know what you'd say to me,
if you knew how I was feeling.

The only thing in this game I don't know
is how it'll end.

Cuz I'm sitting here,
filled with fear and not moving.

And I want you to tell me what to do,
to pull me through.

But we both know
that's not gonna happen.

Cuz we had a deal.

2 comments:

  1. Now it seems like you have a current theme of "goodbyes" :p lol. Hope all is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks. The way I see it is- the poem does not necessarily reflect on the mental or emotional state of the writer.

      All is good.

      Delete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.