Friday, November 16, 2012

On My Own

There's something in my head
and it just won't leave.
These thoughts are swirling
and I can't break free.

And I just want to feel
safe and secure
and I just want things
to go back to before.

But I know that's not
what life has in store for me
and I know that you
are not what's best for me.

There's a million streets to walk down
in this city all alone.
And that's why I'd never
make it on my own.

Sometimes it seems like
this will never end.
Just when things are fine
you round the bend.

The road's not smooth
it never has been for you.
Waiting for the sunshine.
Don't know if you'll make it through.

The things you wish for
the hopes and dreams.
You tell yourself it's alright
when that's not what it seems.

And they are all standing there watching,
as you take the spotlight
You want them to know that
you'll be alright.

But there's a million streets to walk down
in this city all alone.
And I know that I must
make it on my own.

You close the door
and slide down the wall.
Let the floor
break your fall.

Hope that you won't
let them down.
Know that you
can turn things around.

But there is something
holding you back.
You are searching for
the one thing you lack.

And there's a million streets to walk down
in this city of broken dreams.
And everything is not always
as it seems.

Sometimes you just can't
say the things you need to say.
You don't know how
it turned out this way.

And so you let the arms of
12 am hold you tight
And just maybe
you were never meant to fight.

Everything seems to
fall apart.
And soon it'll be over.
You can use a fresh start.

And she says
"Something about you
just brightens up the day".
But you hide your face
and turn away.

How can she see that
when inside it all feels wrong.
And you memorized all the
lyrics to the song.

Someday soon it'll
all come together.
And you better be ready
For the stormy weather.

Cuz there's a million streets to walk down
in this city all alone.
And it seems it's time to
make it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THINK before you utter your thoughts.