Friday, November 9, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I love it when the weather turns mild after a bout of cold. Wednesday night I came home cold and wet due to a snow storm. Today, the sun is shining, it is jacket weather, and everyone is out and about.

Crown Heights is full of men, as the annual shluchim convention is taking place. One friend posted a cute status: "Crowds of confused rabbis buying pantyhose -kinus hashluchim 5773". 

One time I saw a frum guy taking a picture of a women's rain coat, presumably to send to his wife. Another time a frum guy stopped me in the makeup isle and said 'excuse me, my wife needs make-up remover'. So I started to tell him all the options, (liquid, pre-soaked cloths, cotton swabs, etc) and he just said 'thank you' and picked the first one he saw. It is so cute to watch guys totally out of their element. 

I love walking down the street on Friday afternoon and smelling the various fumes of cooking coming from the houses. Yum, chicken soup.

I'm making chocolate chip cookies. It just feels like the right time to make cookies. "All who are hungry come and eat."

I really hope the weather stays this great. Sun makes everything better.

Have a good Shabbos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THINK before you utter your thoughts.