I am of course talking about this. Tonight and tomorrow, the first day of Chol Hamoade is my niece Rochel Leah's first birthday!
My sister and brother in law and niece spent the first days of yom tov with us. It was so nice to see her smile, hear her garbled baby talk, even hear her cry and have diapers in the garbage. It's been a long time since there has been a baby in my family.
She is a gorgeous pretty princess and I love her. (I didn't buy her a birthday present cuz come on, she will never remember anyway. I need to reserve it for when she is older and can actually remember that I am indeed her favorite aunt.)
Happy pesach everyone, and to lots of simchos and happiness.
Buying a present now is still important. she will later on look back at pictures and see herself wearing that dress, playing with that toy, and now that auntie altie bought it for her:)
ReplyDeleteSee I was meant to be an aunt. My name fits perfectly with the title :)
ReplyDeleteI buy her cute clothes. My sister buys her toys. I dont want to have to vie for her attention. Either way I dont see the necessity in a birthday present she'll never remember.
:)
ReplyDeleteThe point is that she will be made to remember it. Also, many toys and things last. you can buy her that teddy bear which she will be friends with until high school ;pp
Seems my sister is wary of the 'no non kosher animals in the house' rule. So I have to be careful of that.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see. If I find something really great.
I didnt mean a teddy bear as in teddy bear. Those are sort of a no no. I meant that great 'precious' present that shell keep for years
ReplyDelete