Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm not a girl

Exterminator: "Have you seen any mice around here?"

Co-worker "Nope."

Exterminator: (Pointing to me) "She would tell me if there was a mouse."

Oh really? Why? Because I'm a girl? Does that make me scared of mice? Does that mean I would shriek? Don't stereotype me like that. I may be a female, but that doesn't mean I swoon at the sight of blood, fall apart when I get a flat tire, shriek when I see a mouse, or any of the other misconstrued stereotypes about women.

One thing I am not- weak. I'm not weak.

And I am not scared of mice.

(Dancing around in the kitchen- "Oh my G-d, it's a bug, it's a bugggggggggg, kill it kill it killitkillitkillit!!!!!!!")

10 comments:

  1. lol! This reminds me of the time I put a squeeky mouse toy in my mothers bed. Boy, did she shriek! (And boy, was I grounded! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Probably not the best idea to scare your mother. They just don't see the humor in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - funny... I actually have quite a strong personality but I'm absolutely terrified of mice, spiders, bees, insects, 'jukim and any other creepy crawly - yup - I'm a girrrllllll!!! (ps my brother is just as terrified as me. Once we found a spider on the floor in my room and my older brother and I were on the bed shrieking and waiting until my mom came and got rid of it) so there are some guys who are scared of them too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) There was an episode on Sex and the City where Charlot was dating a guy and she suspected him of being gay. They were in the kitchen together and they heard a mouse. She turned to him and he was up on a stool screaming at her to kill it. Yup, he turned out to be gay. Or a very girly dude.

      :) It is just funny. We are bigger than them. Most of the time they can't hurt us. So where does the fear come from?

      Delete
    2. I don't know, but I definitely freak out when it comes to cockroaches! However, I just save the freaking out part for after they're safely squished into oblivion.

      Delete
  4. I'm scared of ants, though I had a traumatizing experience with them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Really? Awww. Like even one, or a whole ant hill?

      Delete
    2. One is enough to freak me out! lol!

      Delete
    3. :) Oh boy, I know who will be killing the bugs in your relationship ;)

      Delete
    4. Hahahahahahaha thats hilarious!!!

      Delete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.