ME!
This Shabbos is my birthday. I love birthdays. And I hate birthdays. It is nice to have a day to celebrate the day that you were born. It is nice to get presents, have a party, treat yourself out, feel important and special.
But for me, birthdays are also a time of reflection. What have I done this past year? What have I accomplished? What are my goals for this coming year, what do I want to accomplish before my next birthday? I think everyone should take the time to assess where they are in life and where they are going at least once in awhile. Birthdays are a good time to do that.
I always had a problem with the passage of time, with feeling like I didn't use my time wisely, and wishing I could stay in the present and not move on. But G-d willing, this year will be THE YEAR for me, for all my goals, and for all good things to come true.
I would like to take this time to bless all of you. We are given a special power on our birthdays to give brachos to other people. I pray that everyone's cups will run over with blessing, physically and spiritually. May you all have clear direction in life, true happiness always, good health, and a good livelihood. Whoever wishes to find their soul mate, may you find them this year! Whoever needs a blessing for children, may you be celebrating a new birthday very soon. May G-d grant you all of your hearts desires for good, and may we all have clarity and the strength to always make the right decisions.
I wish everyone all the best, and I will have you in mind on my birthday. G-d willing, may we celebrate the coming of Moshiach very soon, before my next birthday!
Happy birthday! Amen!
ReplyDeleteSaturday is my birthday too.
:) thank you! Happy birthday to you too! Hebrew birthday?
DeleteErev Shavuot. When is yours?
DeleteShabbos was my Hebrew birthday. I don't celebrate my English one.
DeleteHappy bday!! ad 120!
ReplyDelete:) Thank you! Amen!
DeleteHappy birthday!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to birthdays being bittersweet if you think about how you many have underused your potential in the previous year. But, like I said a little while back- you really don't know how you've touched people with your blog posts so I hope you continue to use your talent in writing to inspire.
Amen to all of your brachos and brucha t'hiyeh!
:) Thank you! I hope to continue inspiring people as long as I am alive.
Delete