I know that
you believe in me
as you've told me
many times before.
I love that
you believe in me.
And not just you,
but many more.
They tell me
how good I am
at what I do
every day.
They tell me
I have talent
that I'll go far,
I'll find a way.
I hear it.
I listen.
To their words,
and nod my head.
I want to
believe them
I want to
get ahead.
The problem is
that sometimes
I
don't
believe
in
ME.
It's always like that - we manage to believe in our friends but the hardest part is believing in ourselves. You need to tell yourself that You are no different than your friends - you are just as special and capable as them :-) every person is special. From pirkei avos: ein Davar she'ein lo makom ve'ein Adam she'ein lo shaa (not sure if it's an exact quote but I think that's it)
ReplyDelete:) Thanks. It is easier to wave off a compliment that is directed at you.
ReplyDeleteBtw- how are finals going?
Lol! Thanks for asking :-) they're ok. I've been working very hard and hardly had time for anything but study these past few weeks - it's gotten to the point where I just want them to be over already- just another week and a bit and my undergraduate years come to an end!! Aaaa so excited :D
ReplyDeletehope all's well with you and work :)
:) Yay! That must be so exciting and such a great feeling to be finished. Hope to see you around more once it's over.
DeleteCongrats on graduating! Go you!
DeleteThanks guys!! It really is exciting indeed :) the light at the end of a very long tunnel... And sparrow in not sure if ur graduating this year or not (I think u mentioned it somewhere but can't rememeber) but if u are, congrats to you too :):) if ur not well... Congrats for finishing this year!
DeleteIt doesn't rhyme. My "sucky" poems, did. #BringBackTonkaThursdays
ReplyDelete:) It does rhyme. This is probably not one of my better poems but my best ones don't rhyme. You want to see my really good poems, the ones that never get posted?
DeleteI don't know about tanka Thursday. Maybe try putting some feeling into it.
It's hard sometimes. I've been there.
ReplyDeleteIf these aren't your really good poems, I'd love to see the good ones!
:) The ones I consider good are ones I put my feelings into. The ones I write for myself as an outlet because that's the only way I know how. I would call them 'raw'. If you want to read them, I can email them to you.
DeleteI'd love to read them.
DeleteEmail me.
DeleteBeautiful poem :)
ReplyDelete:) Thank you.
Delete