I love the way my breath fogs up in the cold air. I love the way the snow falls, sometimes lazily and steadily, and at other times franticly. There are times it seems like the snow is just big chunks of paper cut up into uneven squares.
I don't like the cold. I also don't like waking up early. Today, I had both.
My hands numb even inside my gloves, shoulders hunched over the steering wheel, hair mussed from sleep, skirt and sweatshirt thrown on over pajamas, here I am at eight AM, my least favorite time of the day, in the cold. I am driving the girls to school.
The dorm is right next to school.
The snow fell all weekend and covered up the path through the woods to school, making it inaccessible. I am just doing my part in making sure these girls don't miss out on their education. I hope that goes on my list of good deeds.
The street we live on is an expressway. The only way to get back to the dorm is to make a U-turn and go all the way around the block; So much for being right next door.
This whole winter thing just doesn't sit right with me. Whenever it comes I always look forward to its end.
There is much to be said about winter, but warm and fuzzy it is not.
I disagree..the winter is when you get to pull out the warm and fuzzies cant do that in the summer,,,
ReplyDeleteHer point exactly. Winter is not warm and fuzzy. It is the exact opposite, therefore prompting you to have to "pull out your warm fuzzies", something which you dont have to do in the summer, as the warm comes naturally!
ReplyDeleteI do not know many people that like winter after the first snow. Once is fine and nice, after that it is just a real pain. Especially for a west coast dude like me. I hate cold! back in LA, cold is 65 degrees! Thats the way it should be!
Life On A Cotton Ball: How Do You Say...
:) when I think winter I think fireplace with a warm fire going.
ReplyDeletewell were enjoying 70 degree weather right now after the winter blast..
ReplyDelete70, nice. Where would that be?
ReplyDeletesomewhere where the sun is shining :p
ReplyDeletewheel
ReplyDeletethanks I thought the spelling looked weird.
ReplyDelete