Monday, January 31, 2011

Why I cry

You ask me why I cry

But I can't tell you why.

My mouth fills with saliva

As I try to chew my food

I try to swallow but I can't.

It is caused by the tears in my eyes

that won't stop falling.

They pool like a river in front of me.

I cry so hard until I can't breath

Silent sobs shaking my body.

My stomach clenches and I want to let it go.

I want this to end but I

Can't

Stop

Crying.

8 comments:

  1. Crying hurts. But it's healthy. It's therapeutic. It's going to make you feel better.

    May Hashem replace your tears of sadness with tears of joy because remember, yeshuas Hashem k'heref ayin - the salvation of Hashem can come in the blink of an eye! I've seen it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Symtoms sound simple enough: You have a cold. Lots of fluids, bed rest, some ibuprofen in case of fever or joint pain and a big cup of hot chocolate with the little marshmallow on top, once an hour. And for the "Stomach clenches"you might wanna try a hot water bottle pressed against the afflicted area. Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devorah- thanks, your comments are always so uplifting and encouraging :)

    Big N8- I have never known a common cold to cause tears. In any case, I don't like hot chocolate. I don't drink hot beverages.
    As to the reason I was crying- I'm fine now. Thanks for asking.

    I would just like to say that this poem brought on by a sudden and momentary influx of emotion. It came and went and now I am okay, but from it a poem was born. Do not confuse this with a crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altie - I agree. Poems come from the heart. I find that I can write best when there are strong emotional forces inside me - that's when the good poems come out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely. Highs and lows are good inspirations for writers. It is the every day normal monotonous life that causes writer's block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes to long to log in from my phone:)

    First, im glad to hear all is now fine

    Personaly, i like finding things in the plain old every day life to write about. But agreed, emotional moments are ones which u can draw inspiration from. However, i think i speak for many of us when i say that sometimes we would prefer to remain 'uninspired' than go through certain moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right. Why go through a tragedy G-d forbid just to have strong emotions to let out?

    But sometimes the emotional state causes a need for release and what better way than to write.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because I don't have time.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.