When I try to think happy thoughts, it usually reminds me of children. They have a tendency to be happy for no particular reason. The word giddy comes to mind. A child's laughter is pure and untainted by sorrows or troubles. To them, being happy is the norm, and troubles or problems are rare.
Why does it seem that for adults, trouble and stress and problems are typical, and to be happy and laugh and to relax is so unusual?
I like this time of year. Everyone comes alive. It is cold outside, but people are happy and jovial. They know the holidays are coming. Yes, there is a lot of stress around the holiday season too, because people are trying to find the perfect gift, but mostly you feel the cheer and goodwill.
I went to the mall the other day, and wondered why there was a security guard directing traffic. Then I realized that there are a lot of store goers because of the holidays. It is not my holiday, that is why I forgot about it. To me, it was just another shopping trip to the mall.
Sometimes it feels weird to be the odd one out.
I like the colorful lights and the spirits. Outside it is cold, and inside it is- well, it is not nice and warm. The dorm is freezing because we are out of heating oil. I naively thought it just heats up by itself.
We have a whole week of vacation coming up, and I am greatly looking forward to that. I might be working at a winter camp. Why work during your vacation? Because it is fun. And I enjoy being busy.
Have a good shabbos everyone, and refrain from learning Torah. Play chess instead. (One of these days I have got to learn how to play.)
Happy vacation to me!
no commas before the word "and"
ReplyDeleteONly rare exceptions - none of which we have in this post.
Care to specify? I learned it differently in school. Thanks though.
ReplyDeleteYes - and you went to school in Brooklyn. NO COMMAS after "and". Oh and your entire second paragraph is a run-on sentence.
ReplyDeleteEver?
ReplyDeleteOk. So how would you rewrite it?
Why does it seem that for adults, trouble and stress and problems are typical, and to be happy and laugh and to relax is so unusual?
ReplyDeleteWhy are stress and problems the norm for asdults and relaxation and happiness the exceptions?
Hope you enjoy your vacation whatever you end up doing - it's always nice to have a break from routine!
ReplyDeleteHope your vacation was good! Yah the holiday season was pretty funny here this year, being in camp and in country towns almost every day - the yobbos could not quite work out what we were up to, trying to shop and do scavenger hunts etc so soon after the festival!
ReplyDeletevacation was fun. who are the 'yobbos'?
ReplyDelete