Thursday, June 3, 2010

Things that irk me

Please stop sending me forwards that start off: "If you delete this email you really have no heart." Really? Really? Cuz that is for sure gonna get me to read it. And then it goes on to say that they are sick, or dying, and need your help, and that microsoft, or google, or AT&T, or any other such corporation, promised to give them 5 cents for every time it is forwarded. Bla bla bla. And on and on.

I don't believe it for a minute. No one gives out money like that. The only way you may actually get money is if you win the lottery or play on a game show. All those ads you see that say 'enter to win', they are bogus. You can't actually win anything. They just want your email address to send you spam.

And another thing: I just got a forwarded email saying that a virus is coming. A) I don't believe it's true. And b) if it is, maybe the virus is contained in that email and when I open it it will crash my hard drive. So now you really expect me to open it?

Stop sending me forwards. I don't send them to you.

And just because my name is the first letter in your friends list on facebook does not mean I have to get all your requests to join groups, to play farmville, or any such thing. How bout we try this: I'll leave you alone and you leave me alone. Deal.

I just think forwards are stupid. Plus, those forwards that say, forward this to 5 people and see what appears on your screen, they don't work. I was stupid enough to try it once. Forwarded emails take up space and time.

Before you decide to say that I am insensitive or that I really don't have a heart: that is entirely not true. I have a heart, I'm just not stupid enough to buy into these things. You really want my help? Call me or come see me. Don't abuse my email address with your problems and then blame me for not caring.

This is my rant for the day.

4 comments:

  1. If you forward this rant to 15 people in the next 15 minutes then Blogger will give you a lifetime supply of free candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG REALLY?! Now THAT would be awesome. Don't even tease me like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this pet peeve too.

    If you read a joke and you think I'll find it funny too, either tell it to me next time we meet in person, or write it in an email addressed to me (and only me).

    If you're already going to forward it around, at least BCC me so my email address isn't floating around the interwebs for some spammer or mass-mailer to exploit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! I agree. some random guy saw my email address in a forward, took the liberty to add me on gmail chat, and wanted me to be his chat buddy, not about the most appropriate things. I had no idea who he was or even if he was who he said he was.

    I agree. Dont exploit my email address.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.