Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Of Cookies and Crossroads

I made cookies today. It was a nice smell. Like oatmeal and cinnamon.

I can get so much work done when I trick my brain into thinking that I'm not actually working. Like stuffing envelopes with invitations to my brother's bar mitzvah (which is in less then two weeks) while watching a show. Then, I am doing something enjoyable while getting a tedious task done.

I haven't had much to write about in awhile. I think you have to be actually doing something with your life to have stuff to write about. I kind of realized that living your life in the future, based on what I will be doing, isn't much of a life.

I will be a head counselor this summer. I leave in two weeks.

I will IY"H maybe go on shlichus next year, I have no idea where I end up.

I will G-d willing get married sometime, and start a great life together with the lucky guy I will marry. And have kids, and maybe get a degree, write a book, open a chabad house, or school, be a principal, or psychologist, guidance counselor, social worker, one or all.

Right now I'm not really doing much. I wish I could say I'm at a crossroads in life, but that already happened. I think that when I got to the fork in the road I just forgot to choose a path. Maybe I'm still sitting there pondering which way to go. I hope to figure it out soon.

I'm going to camp in two weeks. That's all I know right now.

Oh, and my cookies are good.

5 comments:

  1. Nu, start doing something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yossi yossi yossi- good question. I got bored of it. For now I'm quitting, maybe I'll continue later when I have nothing better to do. I just don't want to be tied down to school right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering the same. When did you quit?
    Where you being this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't exactly quit, technically I'm still going, I have tests and assignments to do. But when I finish the semester I'm not continuing next year. We'll see what happens after that, maybe I'll go back.

    I'm gonna be in Pennsylvania this summer.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.