Friday, June 18, 2010

Blogging from the airport

So I'm here, at the airport, at 6 am. Not fun. Hardly slept, so tired, can't string coherent sentences. Packed, over packed, overweight but they let it go.

I try to remember that I'm going essentially for shlichus. I'm working in a camp, giving non religious kids a summer filled with Judaism. It's a big responsibility and a good thing to do.

I try to remember that I signed up for this, that I want to go.

I try to tell myself that Pittsburgh will be cool, it's a new place for me.

I try to tell myself a lot of things, but my addled sleep deprived brain doesn't understand.

It says to me, why Altie, why are we up this early?

And I don't know what to tell it.

p.s. this is the coolest feeling having a laptop at the airport. My first time.

4 comments:

  1. As as wise girl recently told me: You type well, punctuate, capitalize all the words. All pluses.

    On a serious note, you definitely have the right attitude. You realize the purpose of your trip is to give children yiddishkeit, and you recognize the responsibilities therein.

    Wishing you (and the sweet neshamas in your charge) a healthy summer, both materially and spiritually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above male commentator, you are a wonderful blogger and you have a terrific attitude about this trip and your responsibilities. Just think, you have the chance to really make a positive impact on the lives of these children for years to come, not just in camp,but by keeping up with them out of camp. Wishing you a Shabbat Shalom and a happy and healthy summer!

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.