The details were vague, and I wasn't sure I understood it properly. First I thought that they were a camp in the same building as us. Then I heard they had gone swimming in our building that day. They passed me by on the stairs. Maybe I saw him.
Missing. That word can mean so many things. So I mumbled a prayer and thought, how relieved everyone will be when they find him safe and sound.
Except that's not what happened.
I got into the car this morning. Two of the counselors told me they had been out all night aiding in the search for the missing boy. I thought, that is nice of them, and I briefly wondered if there were any updates. Then the head counselor shook his head and said, 'Boruch Dayan Haemes. They found his body.'
I was shocked. The details kept pouring in, the rumors were flying, everyone was passing around information, and I wanted to cry. Can I cry? This tragedy has touched so many people, way beyond the immediate family members. Because Leiby is a Jew, he is family to us all.
I have no words to express my anger and hatred for the sick man who did this to him. The question WHY???? has no answer.
They are going to have someone talking to the campers about safety. We were told it is very important to not say that 'this is what G-d wanted.' HOW can you justify that to a child, let alone yourself?
I am still in shock, I wish we could turn back the clock and stop that horrible thing from happening. It makes no sense to me.
We are one in this tragedy, united, one heart and one soul. And when one soul is hurt, we all bleed. I think tonight everyone will be bleeding tears, and praying for a speedy redemption from this horrible Golus.
Leiby, I hope you are praying for us. May you rest in peace.
I feel along with you. We all do. This is so sad and horrifying. I"m still in a daze. The poor little boy. I hope he didn't suffer before he was taken. One day we will understand. Now all we can do is cry.
ReplyDelete