Why is there no one out? It's only 10:30 PM. Okay granted, it's summertime, everyone is probably in the country. But only 3 people out this time of night? Weird.
No people, no cars. This place is creepy.
What am I gonna do when my family moves? Ya I know people here who I can eat by, but still it's easier and more convenient to just go home. Am I gonna go to Monsey every shabbos? Is that even considered my 'home'? When I tell people I am going to Monsey for shabbos and they say, who do you know there, I will say my parents. Which leads to more questions.
So where is my 'home' now? This is not home, this is a temporary abode until I find a better place. And then maybe that will be a temporary place. So when do you actually settle down and call a place 'home'?
Seriously, where are all the people?
Why is there a bus parked in someone's driveway? Do they own it? Can you even own a bus?
These streets are crazy, why do they do so much construction? Are they actually doing anything, or just trying to make traffic horrible and give the workers something to do? So many bumps and cracks.
Fudge! Just stepped into a puddle. My foot it all wet. Oy. Looking down at the ground, making sure there are no more puddles.
Still nobody, it's like a ghost town.
Not looking where I'm going. Oh no, watch out for that... tree!
Hey, watch out for phone booths. They can be really painful to walk into.
ReplyDeletewhy would i walk into a phone booth? Especially since they are practically extinct. If anything maybe a lamp post.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I know precisely which street you're talking about, and I hate that street more than any other street in New York (for driving on, not any other aspect lol).
ReplyDeleteAs for buses, you can lol. My uncle owned one of the smaller sized school buses for a few years; still haven't figured out why though.
I started with a cliche, but felt yucky writing it lol. Instead, I'll say home is where you're supposed to be any given time. If you accept that you should be there, then you can feel comfortable and confident that you're home, i.e. the place where you belong.
maybe. but what if im not supposed o be here?
ReplyDeleteThen why are you there? Lol.. If you're there, then that's where you're supposed to be, no? Unless you're doing something wrong (not that I believe you ever would :P), in which case you don't need me to tell you that you shouldn't be there lol
ReplyDeleteYou say 'lol' a lot. And thats not exactly what i meant.
ReplyDeleteI know :) Happens when my wording can be taken in one of two ways and I'm trying to show that I mean it in a pleasant instead of rude fashion. Sticking in a "lol" or two is easier than rewriting it, which is something I'd rather not do after a long day.
ReplyDeleteAnd oh....