I squeeze it in my hands tightly,
deforming it, misshaping it.
The company that made it would not recognize it.
They wouldn't want it back.
It is not worth the plastic it is made of,
nor of the drink it contains.
Shaken and stirred, all bubbles gone,
it is not fit to be sold, nor to be drunk.
I clench my fists
pass it from hand to hand.
I wish to throw it far.
As far as it may go.
I want it to hit something.
I want to hear a thud.
I want to squeeze it until it is no more,
and hurl it into oblivion.
I want to be rid of this
and I want it to be gone from me.
And somehow when I get home I realize
it is still clenched in my hand.
So tight, it has made an indent on my palm.
I cannot throw it.
I cannot hurl it.
I cannot destroy it.
So I clench my teeth
I twist it some more hoping that it will explode
before I do.
Beautifully expressed. I had a bit of an indent in my hand by the time I was finished reading it.
ReplyDeleteI would ask what you're finding so frustrating, but I guess you would write about it if you felt you could. So, best of luck with working out both your frustration and whatever is causing it.
Thanks. If you were my diary I would tell you. Or maybe not. I like the fact that I can write about and describe my emotions without ever really touching on the subject. It helps me release my feelings, and sometimes even I don't know what it's really about.
ReplyDeleteLol, I wish I could be a lot of people diaries.
ReplyDeleteIt takes talent to be able to do that and I find that it just isn't for me. My emotions are a bit too intense for me to write about them in an indirect fashion. I have done it, but it takes a lot longer and I don't walk away with the same release that I would have had I vented about it in an explicit fashion.
Haha if you could actually hear people's thoughts you'd probably regret it.
ReplyDeleteI've been told I am talented :)
True, but if it could be something I could turn on and off, man, would my life be so much easier...
ReplyDeleteNo doubt!
Haha I totally get that. It would cut out half the frustration and misunderstandings in this world. Ever saw the movie 'what women want'? About a guy who can hear women's thoughts.
ReplyDelete:) Thanks.
Good question lol.. I definitely remember seeing the trailer and saying to myself that I wanted to see it, but I can't remember if I ended up actually watching it! *minutes later* Just checked another trailer- seems I didn't watch it. Hm, to watch or not to watch...
ReplyDeleteWell im not a big advocate of watching movies so... No dont do it!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what you would say to that 0:-)
ReplyDeleteI think the trailer that I saw (eons ago) had too many implied sex scenes for me to watch it comfortably.
I think I'll stick with your advice (on this one...)!
Haha ok. I give great advice ;-)
ReplyDelete