Lol he came home from yeshiva wearing a shirt with a rip in the back. I think he just doesn't care. And his hoodie sweater... looks like it's 100 years old and should be burned.
Dressing like a mentch and wearing and old shirt that 'doesnt smell, are two very different things. And, there is something to be said abut the 'non metnchlech look'.
I think its quite unfortunate that it has become the so called 'chassidic look'. The Rebbeim were all sticklers for neatness. The Rebbe never approved of bachurim being shlumpy, and on the contrary, rebuked some for being that way on numerous occasions.
I said I prefered it untucked, my shirts are neat, usually stain free, and if they are too stained they go to the wash, and I look good, even untucked. An untucked clean shirt will look better then a tucked dirty one.
Well, it must not have been stained...
ReplyDeleteLol he came home from yeshiva wearing a shirt with a rip in the back. I think he just doesn't care. And his hoodie sweater... looks like it's 100 years old and should be burned.
ReplyDeleteU make it sound as if its a common yeshiva bachur thing to do:)
ReplyDeleteOkay I'm not speaking from experience, but I think it kind of is. My brother is not one of a kind.
ReplyDeleteNot one of a kind, but one of like 17%
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that he is 'misrepresenting' your species. Obviously you believe there to be 73% of guys who dress like menchin. I wish that were true.
ReplyDeleteSorry 83%
ReplyDeleteDressing like a mentch and wearing and old shirt that 'doesnt smell, are two very different things. And, there is something to be said abut the 'non metnchlech look'.
ReplyDelete"And that was from our expert on fashion. Thank you ladies and gentleman, he will now be taking questions".
ReplyDeleteSince this post was meant to be humorous, and not to argue the dress of choice of young bocherim, I see no reason to further this discussion.
2 rules for clothes:
ReplyDeletelooks ok
smells ok
done [but TUCKED]
I prefer the untucked look, as my gf says, its the "Chassidic look"
ReplyDelete@ Daniel
ReplyDeleteI think its quite unfortunate that it has become the so called 'chassidic look'. The Rebbeim were all sticklers for neatness. The Rebbe never approved of bachurim being shlumpy, and on the contrary, rebuked some for being that way on numerous occasions.
I said I prefered it untucked, my shirts are neat, usually stain free, and if they are too stained they go to the wash, and I look good, even untucked. An untucked clean shirt will look better then a tucked dirty one.
ReplyDeletehaha, this post was meant to be funny
ReplyDeletenow it's some sort of intellectual debate.