Friday, May 20, 2011

Altie, Somewhere in the USA

So my parents are selling the house. For real this time.

It's funny how the house my family has lived in the longest is the one where I have been the least, and have hardly any memories with.

My first house I lived in for 3 years. Second house was 5 and half years. Third house was one and a half years. Fourth place was 4 years. This current house we have lived in for 6 and a half years.

But by the time we moved in I was away at high school and came back infrequently. This is not a place I call home, it is but a pit stop for me. A place to regroup, reassess. I come here for food and to do laundry, for a free roof over my head. For occasional company.

Where my parents will go from here is a mystery to me, and them as well. Right now everything is up in the air, and who knows where it will fall?

As for me, well my future is uncertain, I live day by day, I don't think about it until it comes. Okay on moving day I'll figure it out.

I might as well get myself a permanent address, kind of like the google voice of addresses. Instead of having a forwarding address all the time I will make my new address:

Altie
Somewhere in the USA

And somehow, whoever and whatever is looking for me, will find me wherever I am.

4 comments:

  1. I feel for u. thats a life of a nomad welcome... well one day soon you will have your own home and wont feel that way. you could always come move in with me. but im also a nomad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks we can be nomads together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I read a book, or at least part of a book, that talked about how some of the great Chassidic Rebbes of the past, would leave their homes to go on long journeys, not just to seclude themselves with Hashem, but to learn to rely upon Him completely, because as a traveler, they were at the mercy of the elements, innkeepers, robbers, etc.
    This also reminds me of the very first part of the Harry Potter books, when the letter is addressed to Harry Potter, closet under the stairs, etc.
    You'll find your place don't worry, and Hashem will make sure you can still find your beshert! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thank you, that is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.