It is a coveted spot every Shabbos. Since I was little, the oldest child home was the one who got it. Of course I was jealous, but I bided my time until it was I who could sit there proudly. But my time never came.
One sister went off to school, but there was still one on top of me. Somehow by the time I was supposed to be the oldest girl home, my older sister was living at home again. I just couldn't catch a break.
But this Shabbos, oh this is going to be great. The only ones home are me and my little brother. The house is so quiet and peaceful. And this Shabbos I will not have to fight for it, that seat is mine by right.
Yes I realize it is because I am the only girl home. But it is still nice.
I get to sit at the head of the table, right near my father. :) Some parts of childhood never go away.
Have a good Shabbos everyone.
not a very good book though.
ReplyDeleteThat is the title of a book?
ReplyDelete