So much color around me,
things spin as I walk by.
The world is kind of on its side.
One eye open,
the other closed,
how many, know one knows.
I don't know what comes next
but now I want to sing.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Water, they tell me
is the cure.
For what, I am not sure.
Smile and be happy
it's my birthday tomorrow night.
The future, I wish it were so bright.
The house is quiet.
I should go to bed.
So many thoughts in my head.,
Z, you are my rock,
you're always there for me.
Sometimes more than my family.
For all the things I write,
sometimes what I really want to say
will never make it to the page.
For audience,
as much as I love thee
you are not a part of me.
My head, it hurts.
My bed it calls.
And I just can't help but stall.
The night is quiet.
I am alone.
Sleep I will postpone.
Advice I do not ask for, but
So much stuff they say
I wish they'd go away.
Genie in a bottle,
I'm ready for my wishes three.
Will you grant them if I ask nicely?
Sometimes you just don't get me,
or the things I say,
you would think it's all cliche.
But this is me.
I never lie.
I very rarely cry.
So please don't hold me back.
My future, it awaits.
As soon as I open the gates.
Thoughts swirl in my head.
Tomorrow today will be gone.
But there is always a new dawn.
Sleep, it draws me in.
I do not want to let go.
There is so much I don't know.
They say that it is fine.
That it'll all be okay.
That tomorrow is a new day.
I so want to believe this.
I want it to be true.
Especially coming from you.
So I will go to bed now.
And remember the things you say.
Cuz when tomorrow comes, I don't want it all to go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THINK before you utter your thoughts.