I want my words to sink in
like permanent ink on thin paper.
I want my words to hit home
like a punch to the gut.
I want my words to make a difference
like rain to parched earth.
I want to be an inspiration
to people who need hope.
But in order to do that
My words must leave my mouth.
Leave the paper.
Leave the virtual imagery that is the web.
Fly through the air on wings born of creation.
And find you.
Will my words ever find you, touch you, inspire you?
Or will they remain stuck in my head, unsaid, forever one with me?
I like this one... Words are so powerful... I wrote a bunch of posts about "words"... Sometimes the concept of "words" confuse me... you can't see them (except on paper, but even then, their true meaning is left to distortion...), feel them, or anything in the concrete realm, yet they are more cementing than gorilla glue...
ReplyDeleteargh, and there it goes again...
very nice post... your words are making an impact... keep it up!
That's your choice Altie......
ReplyDelete:) Thanks Racheli.
ReplyDeleteCymbaline I realize that.
this is a great poem.
ReplyDelete:) thank you
ReplyDelete