It is 6:30 am and I am ready to go to sleep, when most of the East Coast is just waking up. Scratch that, it's a Sunday, give them a few more hours to sleep.
People ask me how I am and I say I'm fine. And that's the honest truth. I'm better than fine.
I couldn't stop smiling since the moment Rabbi told me I'm out of a job. They decided to close down the dorm, so my job there is done. Some people might be devastated by this turn of events, or unsure of what to do next. I can assure you, what comes next in my life is one big question mark. But I am okay with that.
There is a certain beauty in not knowing what comes next. A certain freedom. I am free to go wherever I want, do whatever I want, forge my own path, create my own future, I am free!
And my choice was to stay up all night and sleep all day. Well, I'll figure that out too.
I put my trust in G-d that everything will turn out for the best. Oh don't get me wrong. I am planning as well. Looking for a job, looking for cheap tickets to anywhere so I can take a vacation and get away, thinking about the future.
But there is a part of me that knows that no matter what I do or don't do, G-d has a plan in mind for me. And it was set in motion the second I drove away from Connecticut with all my stuff.
Goodbye past year, hello future.
Hit me with your best shot!
Lol! I recently found myself in the exact same situation as yours and at first I felt liberated and free and ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL....but now reality is setting in and I'm a bissel freeking out. Thanks for reminding me about that fresh exhilarating feeling that I once had at the beggining of all of this. It helped me put things back in perspective! Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you and you are able to fulill your wildest dreams! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope it all works out. U should maybe try getting some sleep in at some more normal hours. Most job positions dont offer interviews at three in the morning:)
ReplyDeleteyou would think that the rabbi could of at least waited until the end of the year. You have a great outlook living life is 99 percent attitude! now maybe you can really focus on that writing career and get that dream job!
ReplyDeleteFeisty- thanks! And I hope everything works out for you too.
ReplyDeleteProf- maybe the kind of job I'm looking for does ;)
Anon- you are right, since there are only 7 weeks left, but he made the decision he had to make, based on the situation.
lol about my outlook, i am not always so positive. But you are right it presents a good opportunity and I hope to do something about it! Thanks for the encouragement :)