Friday, June 22, 2012

Waiting

Holding my breath,
waiting for things to
change?

To fall into place.
To get better.
To magically work out.

Every day I wait.
Wondering if
today will be the day.

I stopped waiting.
I did something about it.
Now I am waiting to see if it'll pan out.

I know that
waiting isn't enough.

I could wait my whole life
for nothing.

Or work towards achieving
everything.

Tonight,
I want to believe that
anything is possible.

I want you to hold my hand
and tell me that
everything will be okay.

And I will believe you.
Because I have to.

Sometimes the people
who you want to talk to the most
don't understand.

So you sit on the phone in silence,
and try to convey how you feel.

And you say,
'Good night Ma,
I love you.'

Sometimes, silence is enough.
It has to be.

Tonight,
I will be silent.

And you will pretend to know how I feel.

Don't try to fill the silence.
Just listen
and hear what I am not telling you.

And try to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THINK before you utter your thoughts.