$500 dollars more than yesterday!
Imagine my surprise when I got my daily available balance email from my bank and I have $500.00 in my account that I have no idea where it came from. Then I remembered.
Tax dollars! Yay for filing taxes!
I could go on a rant about why does the government steal my money, what do they want from me, I don't make a lot of money, I don't take anything from them so don't take anything from me, etc etc. But they gave some of it back, which is very honest indeed.
There is an episode from Friends where Phoebe gets upset at her bank because they deposited $500 dollars in her account by mistake. When she informed them about the error, they apologized and gave her $500 dollars MORE, thinking she meant that they owed her money. She kept saying this is bad, she can't keep the money, or it will mess everything up. Something about the Universe playing with her. So she gave the thousand dollars to a homeless woman. Then she found a thumb in a can of soda (weird.) She told the company, and they gave her $7,000 dollars. Most people would just take the money and not complain. Phoebe is not most people.
This is the first time I filed taxes, so it was a pleasant surprise to get money back. I think I will file more often! (Yes, I do realize that if I didn't pay taxes at all I wouldn't need to get some of my money back I would have all of it.)
Let's just say like this: if no one paid taxes, we would all be hauling our own garbage to the state dump. I have no idea where they bring the garbage.
Okay that's all I got. What else do our tax dollars do?
Roads, street lights, police, firemen, national security, regulation of food and drugs, recycling, street sweeping, etc. etc.
ReplyDelete:) So it does not go to waste.
Deletewhat a lovely surprize :-)
DeleteOn my late night rounds, after I couldn't sleep, and need to be up in practically two hours, I ran into this post...
DeleteTwo things:
1) Why do you get a daily statement from your bank? I get one a month, sometimes.
2) And yes, tax money is put to good use, and even better is when we get some, or all, of it back!
Its not a statement just a balance summery. I just like to know how much money i have in my account so i know how much Im spending.
DeleteI have to say when i had jobs that didnt take money for taxes i liked keeping all my money. And also someone just told me that not everyone gets money back after filing. Some people owe money. So i guess Im lucky. Or just have a really low income.