Thursday, May 5, 2016

Dress for Success

The birds here chirp at night. It's like they know something I don't know. One theory is that birds' sleep patterns are messed up by the constant bright lights at night that mimic daylight, and therefore do not know the difference between night and day.

Either way, I wish they'd stop.

We are finally in May, and yet the temperatures here are still pretty cold. I miss being able to walk out of the house and not worry about bundling up, except maybe if it rained.

I went clothes shopping, and I found this incredible top that I simply could not part with. It cost more than I normally spend on clothing, but when I tried it on, my face just lit up. It's like the blouse brought out the sunshine in me. It looked breathtakingly like a spring/summer breazy ocean day.



Sometimes we just want to dress a certain way in the hopes of being that person. I wore a blazer to an interview, and felt really confident walking around the supermarket afterward, like I was a somebody who had somewhere important to be, when in fact all that awaited me at home were some tv shows. A lot of it is about how you look, which impacts how you feel.

Dress powerful, feel powerful. Enjoy the approving glances.

1 comment:

  1. For most of us, we put up a good front, but all we have at home are tv shows.

    Clothing leads to confidence, not necessarily confidence leads to clothing. It's great to dress up. After I put on a serious Face, I feel like I can conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.