Wednesday, February 12, 2014
About a Boy
With Valentine's day coming up, I've been thinking about boys. I think about them a lot lately. Mostly in the 'will he make a good husband' way, but sometimes 'he's cute' kind of way.
I hate any word related to 'shidduch, shadchan, profile, shidduch resume', etc. It annoys me. I hate putting myself on paper, fitting myself into a little box. I want to be free.
A family friend sent me a profile of a guy. I glanced at it. I hate having to determine 'is he what I'm looking for? Can I see myself with him?' like I have some sort of vision. Sometimes I don't see myself with anyone.
Long story short: the guy was interested. I was not. I have my reasons. But I am also proud of myself. When I first started dating and my self-esteem was kind of low, I felt like I had to go out with every guy who was interested in me because I probably had no shot with the guys that I was interested in.
But now I am able to determine if it is worth the trouble and stress of dating, or if maybe it is really 'not for me'.
I can say no. That's okay. I don't need to or want to go out with every guy that comes up. I have no interest in serial dating.
Ahhh, but Valentine's day. I hear in the secular world little boys and little girls are encouraged to give heart shaped cards to each other with a sweet Valentine's poem on it. No one wants to feel left out.
Too bad I can't stick a heart-shaped card in the locker of a secret crush and say 'I think ur cute'.
I did make my own fudge though, so I am way ahead of the game.
Happy shtusy love day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
THINK before you utter your thoughts.