Take
my memory
of you
with you when you go
I don't want it
anymore,
when I'm all alone.
I try to learn to trust myself
as you trust me,
responsibility,
they give me
more and more each day
that I stay.
You keep talking
about the day you will be gone,
you'll be leaving
so you say,
I keep waiting
not wanting it to come.
I lean on you,
oh how I do,
pretending that I need your help,
but do I,
or is it just the child in me
refusing to let you go?
You watched me grow
I hope I made you proud,
but as they crowd
in the doorway to watch you leave
I hope you'll remember me.
You tease me
that I will be calling you every day
with questions,
I ask them now
while you're around
cuz one day you'll be gone
and I'll have no one to ask anymore.
I don't need you,
not really,
not anymore,
but I ask so that you'll stick around,
cuz one day I'll need you
but you'll be gone.
And I'll be on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THINK before you utter your thoughts.