They say that
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".
But what if you don't behold
The same beauty that I see
Staring back at me
every day?
They say that
You can study a poem
Or a beautiful painting
For years, without really seeing it,
Without understanding
Its very essence.
G-d is my sculptor.
He is the brilliant artist
That crafted me
From His very being
In every fine detail,
And every blemish.
Your eyes are not my eyes,
As your heart will never beat
Inside my chest.
We may never be physically one.
But the other half of my soul
Would feel the void.
You may see false beauty
'At first sight'.
You may never see it at all.
But 100 years down the line
Will you still find beauty
As you did that very first time?
Beauty is subjective.
I cannot wait around,
For you to 'come around'
And see the very beauty
That has existed
Since the day that I was created.
So true! Did you ever see that old twilight zone episode "eye of the beholder"?
ReplyDeleteNope. What's it about?
Deleteits about a girl who's getting plastic surgery b/c she's hideous "I just want people to be able to look at me without screaming!" A the end the doctors remove the bandages and she looks into a mirror and yells out in terror "It didn't work! It didn't work!" Then we see her and she's gorgeous, and it shows all the doctors and nurses who are all hideously deformed.
Delete:) Sounds cool.
DeleteBeautiful. did you mean "at first sight?" or is there a pun I'm missing? (and on your last post, it should probably be "to cite" magazines you are published in, not site.)
ReplyDelete:) Thanks for your comments, and both corrections. You were right both times.
DeleteGreat post. Enjoyed every word.
ReplyDelete:) Thank you.
Delete