It’s gone now
I don’t know where it went.
First it was there, then
Up to heaven it was sent.
Glowing orange and blue
It clung to the wick.
To its source of life
It had to stick.
The heat
It burned my hand
Had to pull away
The feeling it could not withstand.
Fire so pretty
Yet can cause such grief.
Can end a life
That was so brief.
I stare at the flame
It beckons me
Where there is no light
It helps me see.
Candle, yellow.
Flame so bright
Wax so soft
A beautiful sight.
I stare until
It is no more
The flame is gone
Called to heaven’s door.
That little wick
Is now so bare.
The flame that fought so hard,
It is no longer there.
I watch to see if it will come back, but it doesn’t.
The last vestiges of the flame died,
and a wisp of smoke ascended.
A flame represents so many things.
Life, a soul, a yearning.
To me it is mesmerizing.
But now the flame is gone, and it’s time for me to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
THINK before you utter your thoughts.