Thursday, April 14, 2011

Only human

I don't want to go to sleep at 3 am when I know I need to wake up at nine.

I don't want to be upset because my family invited the whole neighborhood to our barbecue and I am not in the mood for company.

I don't want to be tired and moody because I took care of 7 kids today and they are not even mine.

I don't want to bother my little brother and have him bother me back.

I don't want to not help for pesach and have my father be disappointed in me.

I don't want to waste my vacation and then regret it when it's over.

I don't want to be pessimistic all the time.

I don't want to be jealous because someone got their article published.

I don't want to feel threatened by other people's success.

I don't want to be bored and watch meaningless tv shows.

I don't want to write a list of all my faults and moan the fact that my life is going no where.

I don't want to waste the brains G-d gave me and say oh well high school's over I guess I won't learn anything now.

I want someone to believe in me and give me a chance.

I want to believe in myself and give myself a chance.

I want to be happy.

I want to find something to live for.

I want to find purpose and meaning in life.

I want to get high off of life.

But I am only human.

I get tired.

I get cranky.

I get moody.

I am a pessimist.

I am selfish.

I am self destructive.

I create my own obstacles.

I am not the strong person that I know I could be.

I am not doing the best I could do.

I am not even doing a quarter of what I could be doing.

I made this list to make myself feel better about myself.

It is not helping.

It is just an excuse to waste some more time and try to convince others that I am not a loser.

I wish I wish I wish I was a genie.

In other news: some good quotes.

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. ~Confucius

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. ~Agnes Repplier

There comes a morning in life when you wake up a new person; that is to say, you wake up the same person but you realize it's your own fault. ~Robert Brault

We must be our own before we can be another's. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of. ~Michel de Montaigne

4 comments:

  1. Just relax! ur making urself all tense and stuff by just thinking abouut all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to say I believe in you! I think youre awesome and have all this amazing potential as a sensitive astute well rounded giving person!! so celebrate being human and cranky sometimes!but push push push to your potential! you can do it!!
    like ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telling me to relax is like telling a bird to stop chirping. (quickest comparison I could come up with.)

    :) Thanks Chaya very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

THINK before you utter your thoughts.