It was a spring. A tiny, coiled up piece of metal that we call a spring. It popped up into the air and then I couldn't find it. And believe me, I looked. I bent down and searched the floor. I found dirt and dust and bits of unknown substances, but not that elusive spring. I silently prayed that G-d should help me find it, but that didn't help.
I thought that was it. It came from an electrical appliance that I dropped on the floor. Of course, it came apart, and instead of one big thing I had 3 pieces. And while panickly (not a word, I know) trying to put it back together, that tiny little spring popped out. And that was it, the thing would be unusable. And the worst part was it wasnt mine. I was dreading telling my sister thinking, ok, so she'll be mad. Fine, I'll buy her a new one. I have no idea how much it is but money is money, right?
I was brushing my teeth. I bent over the sink, and there it was. Sitting there, behind the sink. I stared. It was still there. It didnt fall on the floor, it didnt fall into the drain. It was sitting there waiting for me to see it. A tiny, little spring that could have gone anywhere.
And thank G-d I was able to fix the stupid thing and put it back safely in it's place, no harm done.
Symbolic? I think so. Take your own lesson from this story but believe me, after I saw the spring sitting there I told G-d I would do whatever He wants of me. And I think He'll hold me to it.
elusive not allusive
ReplyDeletekeep it up altie! enjoying the writing!
:) thanks for the grammar and for the encouragement.
ReplyDeleteWell, you're easy to please. :)
ReplyDeleteWhose thing waz it? Wat waz it?
ReplyDelete-A worried sis-
i dont know which 'sis' you are but dont use z's when writing the word 'waz'. and if u wanna know, ask me.
ReplyDelete